10 Reasons Not To Date An Entrepreneur
7 April 2019
A Tongue-In-Cheek response to the article "Ten Reasons To Date An Entrepreneur" doing the rounds of FB. See the original article here: http://love-not-fear.org/2011/12/02/ten-reasons-to-date-an-entrepreneur/
Guidelines: 1) This article is not to be taken seriously by either entrepreneurs or sane people 2) Entrepreneurs shall take a pledge of not murdering me before reading this.
Full Disclosure: I am an entrepreneur for the last so many years; about the dates, I don't remember :)
- Their sense of possibility… To date someone who accepts no limitations means: “Yeah… I can hit on THAT one also… nice eyes… and THAT one… what an ass… and THAT one… ravishing lip… Yes baby, you were saying … No, I AM listening!”
- They see things in a way that others don’t: “No, that’s NOT coffee I spilled over my shirt coz I was trying to keep myself awake for 36 continuous hours with caffeine… I am just experimenting with a new fabric color! How’s it?... What? When did I shift into clothing? Since my investors told me unless I found a viable business model…”
- They know the true meaning of commitment and persistence to an idea: “I told you we ARE going to see ‘The Ugly Truth’ for the 4th time even if you think its mindless coz I just can’t get over Katherine Heigel’s boobs! Man! They are so… Ok, I will talk about something different… Jeez! Umm… can I at least talk about her ass?”
- They attract and draw into their world new people, experiences and opportunities: I am not explaining that one :D Please let your imagination flow ;)
- Their vision for the world extends to a vision of long-term relationships: “Ok baby… Muaah… will see you after 2 months so you can be sure our relationship is going to last at least THAT long. Meanwhile I will keep sending you BBMs on how I am contributing to the betterment of humanity… Oh! You don’t have a Blackberry? How do you live?”
- They have seen failure and know that it is never what defines a man or a woman: “Thanks babe for helping me out with the dough. It’s so great you work for a company whose customers are still buying during recession. Why don’t mine? I don’t know… They are crazy I guess… Anyway… I respect you deeply for still not ditching me.”
- They are passionate souls with tonnes of energy and a great love and lust for life: “I am NOT going to make something THAT ugly just coz the market wants it. Who the hell the market thinks it is? God? It’s MY life and I am only going to make stuff that I like, not some shitty stuff market wants. What! You like it too? How COULD you? Steve Jobs will never forgive you!”
- They know the value of partnership in getting things done: “Baby… I know you have been paying the rent of my office for the past 18 months and I owe you a huge debt. I am so sorry… but I CAN make it up to you. Let’s do one thing… let’s become partners. I will offer you a debt-equity swap and you can become part owner of my company. What? You don’t want equity in my company? How CAN you say that? We are growing BIG… I mean we WILL grow big… soon… I promise. Ok, I will make you a deal. I will offer you the equity at 25% discount of the valuation I asked from the VCs in my last failed B-presentation. I even have the entire excel sheet to show you. Now are you happy? Partner…”
- They know how sometimes you just have to hang in there, work really hard and keep trusting: ”Baby I know I have been promising to marry you for the last 5 years while you’ve been working your ass off to pay the bills… but trust me, I WILL this time as soon as the next round of funding comes… Just hang in there a bit more… We are almost there… Trust is the key… you know right?”
- They are visionaries who understand the power of love over fear: “Baby you know I will not end this relationship or walk away if you keep telling me to drop this crazy idea of mine and take up a sensible job… but I know you really love me, so you will not walk away either when I don’t listen to you the least… right? I love you but we entrepreneurs need to keep chipping at the stone while the rest of the world doesn’t believe in us. I am sorry. But I know I can depend on you coz we love each other. Right?
The ONLY reason to date an entrepreneur: Coz you feel like it baby :)